Callibra, Inc dba Discharge 1-2-3™ is a software company serving the Healthcare information Technology space. We develop unique software technologies and approaches to creating superior, patient-specific, evidence-based documents and solutions for discharge instructions and patient education for hospitals across the country and internationally.
Callibra won the Chicago Innovation Award in 2011 for its innovative multilingual technology. Our sophisticated yet simple solutions help boost the efficiency and effectiveness of more than 20 million medical discharges each year. Headquartered in suburban Chicago, Discharge 1-2-3 launched its first product in 2002. Our powerful yet easy to use technologies have been embraced by prestigious teaching and research hospitals, multi-specialty and university medical centers, private and rural hospitals. In business to business relationships we are partners with leading EMR and Healthcare IT Solution companies.
We are looking for a visual studio.NET programmer to join our application development team. The application development team is responsible for creating and maintaining solutions using advanced and cutting-edge technologies. Our applications are considered critical and vital to the healthcare industry.
This individual in this role will perform design, programming, and testing tasks. The successful applicant will be a creative and self-motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced, dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop Visual NET -based web applications and thick client-server applications that meet provided design specifications.
- Create unit test plans and conduct unit testing on code developed by other team members.
- Provide internal support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Support enterprise architecture efforts by following and adhering to the standards set forth by the architecture group.
- Developing consistent solutions to maintain the integrity of application architecture.
- Be open to contribute the ideas and inputs to management team
- Eager to learn and be ready to take up the challenges.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing applications using object-oriented languages such as VB.NET/C# and structured query language (SQL) for relational databases.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment in a professional and productive manner.
- Eligible to work in US now and in the future without restrictions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Alternatively, 5 or more years of relevant professional software development experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server/t-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and views
- Experience with web services and API technologies. And third party controls
- Experience utilizing version control systems such as Vault, Team Foundation Server, or Subversion
- Prefer to have experience in SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS. But not must.
- Working with testing team and production support team
Full-time position will have the following benefits:
* Paid Holidays and PTO Annual Accrual
* Health and dental insurance (PPO and HMO)
* 401K plan
* Profit Sharing
* Bonus plan potential